Learn how to wash ski jackets to keep them looking their best. Most ski jackets are washable if you take the proper precautions. Read the label first to make sure your jacket is washable. Wash ski jackets infrequently to help retain their water-proof finish. Once a year is often enough. Hang the jacket to air between washings.
- Mild detergent
- Wash-in waterproofing
- Empty the jacket pockets. Remove any removable linings, hoods, etc. Cut off any lift tickets or passes.
- Close all zippers and fasten all snaps. This will keep your jacket from snagging on anything in the washing machine.
- Pre-treat any stains with a general purpose stain treatment.
- Wash ski jackets in the washing machine in cold water on a delicate cycle. Use a mild detergent made for delicate garments or one made especially for outerwear. Wash the jacket by itself in the machine. Rinse in cold water.
- Wash the jacket a second time when the first cycle is complete. This time use a wash-in waterproofing solution in the detergent dispenser. Choose a waterproofer made especially for clothing, not one made for sleeping bags or tents. Don't use any other detergent in the wash and set the wash temperature to cold. Rinse in cold water.
- Remove the jacket at the end of the second wash cycle and hang to dry.
- Wash or dry clean the jacket lining separately, following the directions on the lining label.
Wash ski jackets properly and they'll retain their good looks for many ski seasons.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…