Learning how to wash snowboard gloves will keep them fresh and in use a lot longer. Properly washing them will keep you on the slopes longer, but improperly washed or improperly cared for snowboard gloves will wear out more quickly. This of course will tap your billfold or keep you off the slopes. Sweat and moisture break down the lining of snowboard gloves that are not washed on a regular basis. Washing them is very simple and should be done after each weekend on the slopes. You won't regret it!
Snowboarding is a wild and fun sport that has quickly match the vim and vigor of traditional snow skiing. As such, there is plenty of gear available and several top manufacturers. So finding a great pair of snowboarding gloves to meet your style and fashion should be easy. Caring for them is as well, take a look below for more detail.
How to wash snowboard gloves:
What you will need:
- Mild detergent
- Washing machine or dish washer (we will look at both)
- Set water temperature warm and turn on gentle or delicate cycle. Allow washer to begin to fill with warm water (set at lowest water capacity).
- Add one quarter of the recommended level of mild detergent. Remove liner from the snowboard gloves (if there is any)
- Place liner and gloves into the washer. Wash separately from other clothing to help avoid any damage due to color bleed.
- Close lid and allow to wash. Once complete, remove both the liner and gloves from the washer
- You can either line dry or tumble dry. Hang them to dry, or, if you prefer you can place in the dryer on the lowest setting with a dryer sheet
Tip: Do not use fabric softener or any other type of additives.
- Open dishwasher and make sure it is empty and clean of food. Add one quarter the recommended dispense of mild detergent.
- Pull out the top rack of the dishwasher. Remove the lining from the snowboard gloves (if there is any).
- Place both the gloves and liners on the top rack. Close the rack and then close the dishwasher.
- Secure the dishwasher by locking it. Turn the dishwasher on short wash and let it run.
- At the end of the cycle, remove the snowboarding gloves and liner. Place someplace to air dry.
Tip: Do not run the drying cycle or heat dry cycle of your dishwasher. Remove the gloves before any dry cycle.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.