Learn how to wash stainless steel camping cookware to make your investment last. Camping is a fun outdoor activity where you can enjoy fresh air and cook on a camp stove or a campfire. But when it's time to wash the dishes, it's good to know how to wash the stainless steel camping cookware. With a little preplanning and the right supplies, you'll be able to enjoy your time camping without spending hours cleaning up.
To wash stainless steel camping cookware, you will need:
- Dishwashing soap
- Sponge with scrubbing surface
- Plastic dish tub
- Add water to the cookware immediately after emptying them. As soon as you've finished scooping out the last of the food from the stainless steel camping cookware, add water and set the pans on the fire or stove. Put the lid on and the heat will help loosen any burned on or stuck on food.
- Heat up water in a kettle. To wash the cookware, you'll need hot water for washing and rinsing. While you're eating, have a kettle of water heating on the fire or cook stove.
- Wash the cleanest pieces of cookware first. Pour some of the hot water in the plastic dish tub and add a small amount of dish soap. Start cleaning the cookware by washing the cleanest pans first. Use the soft sponge on the inside and out to clean the cookware. As needed, use the scrub surface of the sponge gently to remove any stuck on food.
- Rinse the cookware. Use hot water and rinse each piece of the stainless steel camping cookware. If you're only cooking one meal, you can take the pans home and finish cleaning them in your kitchen sink. If you'll be cooking more meals, it's important to rinse the soap from the pans after each cleaning.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Speakeasy: Jonathan Banks
The Emmy-nominated Breaking Bad star talks Beverly Hills Cop, Wiseguy, sitcom work and his new flick with Danny Trejo, Bullet. Oh yeah, a few Mike Ehrma …