Do you want to know how to wash a vintage cashmere coat? Cashmere is known for its high quality, its softness, and for its need to be dry cleaned when it is woven. However, vintage cashmere fabric is durable, so you can safely wash vintage cashmere if you are careful. The important thing to keep in mind as you are washing your vintage cashmere coat, especially if the fabric is woven rather than knitted, is not to twist or stretch the fibers.
To wash a vintage cashmere coat you will need:
- Large wash-basin
- Cold water
- Wool-wash laundry detergent
- Bath towels
- Drying rack
The steps you wil need to follow to wash a vintage cashmere coat are:
- Fill the wash-basin with cold water and add the detergent. Mix the water with your hand to form frothy bubbles.
- Submerge the cashmere coat in the cold sudsy water. Hold the coat under water until it soaks up enough water that it stays under when you let go.
- Allow the coat to soak for a minimum of half an hour. Don't rush this step because this gives the detergent a chance to really work into the cashmere fibers, getting your coat clean.
- Agitate the coat by moving the coat around in the wash-basin with your hands. Do not get too aggresive with the wet cashmere, because it will damage the coat.
- Drain the water out of the wash-basin without picking up or wringing out the excess water. Allow as much time as necessary for the excess water to run out on its own.
- Refill the basin with cold water, running the new water right on top of the coat. Push the coat under water at least three times to rinse out the detergent.
- Drain the rinse water off of the coat.
- Spread out the bath towels, and gently roll the coat onto the towels. Spread the coat out flat, working as gently as you can until it is laying flat on top of the towels.
- Roll the towels with the coat inside. Ths lets the towels absorb some of the excess water, and allows you to move the coat without stretching the cashmere fibers.
- Spread the towels and coat on top of the drying rack, unrolling them together so the coat is exposed to fresh air.
Wait until the coat is completely dry before picking it up or attempting to put it on a hanger.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!