Learning how to wash vintage fur hats can be done at home. If you have a vintage fur hat that needs to be cleaned, make sure it does not say "dry clean only", before attempting to clean. You don't want to damage the delicate fur. Faux fur deteriorates with age. Be very careful.
In order to wash a vintage fur hat, you will need:
- Mild liquid soap
- Vacuum with brush attachment.
- Blow dryer
- Fabric refresher
- Storage. A vintage fur hat should be cared for the same way you would care for a vintage fur coat. Store it in a cool, dark place.
- Cleaning stains. If you happen to spill or smudge your fur hat, dip a washcloth in a warm soapy water. Use mild soap on the delicate fur. Gently cleanse the area. Dry by using the lowest setting on your blow dryer. Fluff as it dries.
- Faux fur hat. If you have a faux fur hat, you can clean and fluff it by using a vacuum. Attach the brush to the vacuum hose. Turn the vacuum on and run it over the fur hat.
- Real vintage fur. You will most likely need to take the hat to a professional for fluffing. A vacuum is not recommended on real fur hats. You can use the blow dryer on the lowest and coolest setting to manually fluff the hat.
- Freshen. To freshen the vintage fur hat, spray a bit of fabric refresher on the inside of the hat. Allow to dry. You can also spray a bit of fabric refresher on the fur of a faux fur hat. Fabric refresher leaves your items smelling clean and fresh.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.