Are you wondering how to wash vintage silk shirts? Vintage fabric is beautiful though delicate. Special care should be given the fabric even if a care tag insists the item can be washed and dried by machine.
- Fill a container, sink or tub with cool water. Silk vintage fabric should be washed in cool water by itself. Make sure to fill the container the vintage silk shirt is to be washed in.
- Use a gentle laundry detergent to wash vintage silk shirts. Woolite, Dreft or Lux laundry detergent will clean the garment yet be gentle to the fabric and dye.
- Allow the fabric to soak. Place the vintage silk shirt in the water allowing the fabric to soak for a few minutes.
- Hold the vintage silk against the bottom of the container. Use the sponge in the free hand to gently wipe any stained area's from the vintage silk shirt. Once the shirt is stain free lift the fabric and gently squeeze the soapy water out of the fabric.
- Rinse the vintage silk shirt. This can be done by running under a faucet using cool water or by soaking the fabric in cool water for a few minutes. Make sure to gently squeeze out the excess water.
- Press the fabric between two towels. Make sure to press firmly to absorb as much water as possible. Remove the vintage silk shirt from the towels to dry.
- Hang the vintage silk shirt on a fabric covered hanger. Fabric covered hangers are thickly padded to avoid hanger marks on the shoulder area of shirts. Make sure to place the hanger and silk shirt in a breezy, shady area to dry.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.