How To Wash White Shoes
White shoes are hard to keep clean, therefore proper care on how to wash white shoes is important. White canvas shoes and white athletic shoes should be washed by hand whenever possible. Putting them in a washing machine is not recommended. This could weaken the support structure in the shoes. Here is the proper way on how to wash white shoes:
- Canvas shoes can be washed with a specialty cleaner found at most discount stores. Spray the cleanser on the shoes and wipe with a damp white cloth. White cloths should always be used so color won't bleed onto the shoes.
- For marks and stains that cannot be removed with the cleanser, try using a nail brush to carefully brush away the spots.
- Use a whitener such as oxyclean if appropriate. This is an important step to remember on how to wash white shoes with dealing with tough stains.
- Wash rubber soled shoes only on the outside. Don't soak the shoes in water, this could ruin the shoes.
- Let the shoes air dry naturally. This could take a while but it is important not to put the shoes in direct sunlight or in the dryer. This could harm the shoes. This is the last step on how to wash white shoes.
If absolutely need be, canvas shoes can be put in the washing machine. It is not advisable to do so on a regular basis because of damage to the shoes. Remembering this is important when thinking about how to wash white shoes.