You may want to know how to wash your body the proper way to maximize your shower's effectiveness. Most people know how to wash themselves, but following these steps will leave you squeaky clean, smelling fresh, and avoiding the spread of bacteria. So grab a washcloth and get in the shower.
- Washcloth or bath sponge
- Soap or body wash
- Shampoo and conditioner (optional)
- Facial cleanser (optional)
- Bath towel
- Turn the shower on and adjust the water temperature. The water should be quite warm but not too hot. Very hot water can dry out your skin, and cause burns.
- Take off your clothes and underwear, remove any jewelry, and get in. Be careful not slip and fall. Wet your entire body, starting with your hair.
- If you are going to wash your hair, do it first. Take a small amount of shampoo and lather it through your hair. Focus on the roots. Rinse well when you feel that your hair is clean. Apply conditioner next in the same manner, but focusing on the ends instead. Rinse well again.
- If you are going to use facial cleanser, do it now. Wash your face with the cleanser and your hands or washcloth, then rinse well.
- Take your washcloth or whatever you use to clean yourself, get it wet, and apply some soap or body wash. This is important: Work your way from the top to the bottom. Focus on areas like the armpits, privates, and feet. Guys, get underneath your privates as well. Those areas are most prone to sweating, and may harbor lots of bacteria. Make sure to cover all areas of your body. When you are completely clean, rinse off all of the soap. Rinse out the shower, too. Leaving soap and bubbles will cause a build-up of soap scum or film in the shower.
- Turn off the water, and exit the shower. Careful again, as the area may be slippery from all that water. Remove any hair from the drain and throw it away. No one else wants to do it. Dry off your body and hair with the towel. Make sure to dry your private areas and your feet very well. That's it, you're all clean.
When you wash yourself, the best way is to start from the top and work your way down. You may want to save your private areas for last, and that's ok, too. Just make sure not to scrub too hard, as it can cause irritation and dry skin. Also, make sure to rinse away all of the soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.