The knowledge of knowing how to watch Internet on TV is a great learning step if you are looking to save money monthly on your entertainment budget. By being able to watch Internet on TV you can access sites such as Hulu, Netflix, and Boxee. Being able to access these sites means that you can access free and most importantly legal television shows and movies with little to no commercial interruption. In essence all you will need to do is hook up your current computer or laptop to a TV.
To watch Internet on TV you will need:
- A TV with an S-Video, VGA, DVI, or HDMI compatible outlet.
- A computer with an S-Video, VGA, DVI, or HDMI compatible outlet.
- A corresponding cable to the compatible outlet on your computer and TV.
- Identify the connection your computer and TV share. This will be the round S-Video slot, VGA 15 pin, DVI, or HDMI slot depending on the make and model of your computer and your TV.
- Connect the cables to the TV and the computer. Once you have identified the connection your TV and computer share you will need the corresponding cable to watch Internet on your TV. Simply connect the cable to your TV and computer compatible slots.
- Ensure that the TV is activated as a monitor. In order to see the Internet on your TV you will need to access your control panel on your computer for this step. Once you have accessed your control panel you will need to access the option for your display or monitors setting. Depending on your operating system you will need to either click on the activation button to activate the TV as a monitor or you will need to add the TV as a second monitor and then activate it.
- Enable your TV input to use your computer. In order to watch the Internet on your TV you will need to ensure that your TV input is set. On your TV remote you will need to locate either the input, TV/Video, or AUX button. Depending on your TV make and model any of the three options will need to be pressed in order for the TV to accept the computer and the video and audio signal it is sending.
- Use the Internet. When you have connected and activated your TV and computer you will be ready to surf the Internet. In essence you are using your TV as a monitor for your computer. With this being the case you can access the Internet, television and movie sites, and even your email as normal.
Following these steps to watch Internet on your TV you should be able to access the internet within just a few minutes. Remember that you will need an Internet connection running to your computer that is now connected to your TV. You can use wireless, cable, or DSL just as you normally do. With these steps you will be able to use programs like Boxee, sites like Hulu and Netflix, and even watch programs you have already saved to your computer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.