You see people doing it at coffee shops and around campus, and now you want to watch movies free on the internet. There are several reasons why someone would want to watch free movies online. Perhaps there's a movie you haven't seen since childhood and you can't seem to find it in stores or maybe you want to see a movie, but you don't have the money to go and purchase it or you're not sure if you should. There are many sites that will allow you to watch movies online for free; all it takes is a simple Google search by typing in "free movies online". Internet Explorer is probably the best browser in which to watch movies, but there are a few steps to make sure that you won't run into any issues.
- Make sure you have sound. This may seem obvious, but ensure that your speakers work properly and that you are able to get sound from your computer. This is completely different from the system sounds you may hear when your computer starts up or if it encounters an error. Basically, if you're able to play a favorite CD or song on your computer or you can play a video game with sound, your system is set.
- Make sure you are able to play video. Again, fairly obvious, but there will be anger and disappointment if you've gone through the steps only to not see anything. Most new computers now are able to play DVD and DVD quality movies, thanks in part to the video card. To find out if you can watch videos, you can check your video card through your operating system's hardware management console. You can also try testing you video by heading to You Tube and try to play one of the videos highlighted.
- Check your Internet connection. This is probably the most important task. While it may take a bit for the movie to load, depending on your Internet connection, it may take as little as two minutes to as much as two hours. If a webpage takes forever to load, your connection is probably slow.
- Make sure you have ActiveX installed. Active X is a program, usually called an add-on, that lets certain things appear and perform in your browser. Unfortunately, Active X can be good or bad; it really depends on whether you trust a site to let it install it's add-ons on your computer. You should always be wary about installing and letting a program run. If you are on a site that requires Active X, you will see a bar at the top of your browser asking if you would like to install the add-on and it should tell you what it is and why you need to install it. For online movie sites, this will probably be a video player called DivX or the web version of it.
- Download the DivX player. Essentially, this it lets you view the movie. Most online movie sites will require this if you want to see your movie, others may not. If you've found a site you feel confident about, you can click the Active X confirm bar (see point number 4) and it will download it for you. Or if you don't necessarily trust the movie site, you can download the DivX player itself from http://www.divx.com
- Enjoy! Once everything is downloaded/installed, you should be able to enjoy your movie. The movie should start to buffer and begin to play immediately. A good idea is to let the movie load at least a quarter to halfway before you start to view it. This ensures that-as long as the movie was uploaded correctly-you won't have any hiccups while viewing.
While you may not get the theater type viewing when you view online, there are many reasons why it's fun. You can "Pause", "Stop", "Rewind", "Fast Forward" a movie if you need to, depending on movie website, without missing the action scene or crucial moment because of a bathroom break or soda refill.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.