How To Watch Starcraft Replays
If you are looking for a way to improve your Starcraft skills by studying how the pros do it, you can ask to sit behind them during a major tournament, but you are better off just learning how to watch Starcraft replays. Starcraft is a real-time strategy game with a space theme released in 1998 by Blizzard Entertainment. While Starcraft did not add all the much new to the game genre, it was the most polished and balanced game available at the time, and combined with the timing of the release, grew to gargantuan proportions in South Korea. After a few year, a professional league developed in Korea with matches attended by thousands of spectators. To help players develop their skills, StarCraft includes the ability to record games and play back those replays. Watching Starcraft replays is a great way for aspiring players to learn the tricks of some of the best players in the world. You can even watch your own Starcraft replays to figure out if there are any weaknesses in your game.
- Acquire a Starcraft replay file. These files are created whenever someone plays a game and chooses to save it at the end. Many Starcraft fan website have numerous replays available for you to download. The files should have the a ".rep" extension.
- Place the downloaded file in your "C:/Program Files/Starcraft/Maps/Replay" directory.
- Start the StarCraft program.
- Choose the single player option.
- Choose "Custom Game."
- Select the "Replay" folder and choose the Starcraft replay that you want to watch from the listed files.