How To Watch TV Sitcoms Online
If you've missed your favorite television show or just need a good laugh, you may wish to learn how to watch TV sitcoms online. These days almost every television show is available for streaming online, allowing viewers to catch up on previous episodes very conveniently. Watching TV sitcoms online is very simple, provided you have the right equipment and know where to look.
- A computer with a monitor and speakers or headphones
- An internet connection
- To watch TV sitcoms online, first make sure you meet the minimum requirements. Each video streaming website, including network sites and general video streaming sites, has basic minimum requirements that each computer must meet to watch TV online. Generally this includes a recent operating system, a fast processor, memory including RAM and hard disk space and a screen resolution of 1024x768 or greater. Similarly, a broadband connection is required, as is a compatible internet browser like Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple's Safari. Be sure your system meets the recommended minimum requirements for best results when watching TV sitcoms online.
- Check the official site for the show you wish to watch. Many networks, including all of the major broadcast and cable television networks, provide full episodes of TV shows online. Checking the official site of the specific show you wish to watch or the network site on which the show normally airs is the best place to find your show.
- Browse general video streaming websites. Other websites may provide streaming of a wide selection of shows all in one location. If you don't have a specific show you'd like to watch and would like a variety to choose from, try searching the web for one of these websites.
- Watch and enjoy. Once you've found a TV sitcom you wish to watch, navigate to the video section and press the play button. After a short advertisement (on most sites), the video will begin to play and you can watch the TV sitcom instantly.
- You can watch your favorite online shows on your television. By connecting your computer to your television using the appropriate components for your setup, you can watch the shows on your television rather than on your computer.
- Expand your video selection. Many official sites and video streaming sites will be limited to only the last few episodes of each show. To watch older episodes instantly you may consider a paid service, which will provide a wider selection of streaming content. These services vary in cost and content, so research each before you make any decisions.
- Know which sites to avoid. While there are a multitude of free and legal websites on which to watch TV sitcoms, there are also many sites which claim to provide this content, but can be harmful or illegal. Websites that ask you to download a file, pay a fee or claim to have live streaming often contain pirated content, viruses or other harmful items. Be very careful when giving out personal information, especially banking or credit card information, to these sites as they may not deliver as promised.