If you hope to remain comfortable on your next camping trip, it is probably important that you learn how to waterproof a tent. Yes, even though most tents may look solid, they still should be waterproofed if you hope to remain warm, dry and comfortable. The good news is that it is very easy to waterproof a tent. With just a little bit of effort, you can ensure that your next camping trip will be leak-free and dry.
To waterproof a tent, you will need:
- A tent
- Waterproof spray
- Seam sealer
- Even new tents can leak or retain moisture. That is why it is always a good idea to plan on waterproofing your tent at the beginning of every camping season.
- Your tent should be clean and dry before you apply a waterproofing spray. Take the time to scrub your tent before you waterproof it, making sure to rid it of any excess dirt and mildew.
- Set your tent up as normal. To waterproof a tent, the tent will need to be full erected and on flat, level ground. Also, make sure that you apply the waterproofing spray in a well-ventilated area.
- When you waterproof a tent, the first step is to begin at the seams. Apply the seam sealer on the inside of the tent. Make sure you apply it fully and directly to every inch of the seams, especially the corners.
- Next, you will want to apply the waterproof spray to the outside of the tent. Use even strokes, either horizontally or vertically, but never both. Make sure that your stokes overlap one another.
- You can repeat the process for the inside of the tent. To ensure that your tent remains completely dry and waterproof, allow the seam sealer to dry. Then apply the waterproofing spray to the inside of the tent.
- Finally, allow the tent to dry. If you hope for your tent to remain waterproof, allow the tent to dry completely before you pack it back up. This can take up to 48 hours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …