Many players want to know how to wear an angled top shin guard in soccer. After all, soccer offers very little protective equipment. Unless you’re the goalie, shin guards are about all you’ve got. Here is a look at how to wear an angled top shin guard in soccer so that you can play both safely and effectively on the soccer field.
- Angled top shin guards
- Measure the length of your shin. In order to properly wear an angled top shin guard in soccer, you’ve got to make sure you have the right fit. Shin guards are sold by length. Measure the area from an inch below your kneed to an inch above your angle. That length is the size shin guard you should buy.
- Slip your foot through the foot hole. There are two main pieces of an angled top shin guard that hold it in place, the foot hole and the calf strap. Slip your foot through the foot hole and make sure the fit is snug without being restrictive.
- Secure the calf strap. Wrap the calf strap around your calf and velcro it into place. Like the foot hole the shin guard calf strap should be snug but not restrictive.
- Pull your sock your sock over your shin guard. To wear an angled top shin guard in soccer, be sure to raise the sock up over the shin guard just below the knee. The sock will help secure an angled top shin guard so that it does not become loose during game play.
- Adjust the shin guard. If at any point during practice or a game an angled top shin guard becomes uncomfortable, then simply reset the calf strap.
Tips: Keep some mole skin near by. When wearing an angled top shin guard in soccer, many people can get blisters because they are not used to the foot strap rubbing the arch of their foot. If this is the case simply apply mole skin or a bandage to add a protective layer between the strap and the foot. This will stop or lessen the size of blisters.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?