Knowing how to wear classic style clothes creates a sharp, sophisticated look. Men look sharp, clean-cut and well-kept in retro inspired clothing. Follow these simple tips when exploring classic styles.
- Make sure the fit is right! Size is everything. Classic clothes shouldn’t be too big nor too small. Tailor articles of clothing to fit. Avoid pieces that are difficult to alter.
- Choose a style of clothing that is flattering. Not every man can sport a trench coat. Choose classic pieces that accent height and weight.
- Purchase quality-made clothing. Be careful when purchasing clothes at discount retailers. Buy clothing that is well-sewn and tasteful. Fabrics should be durable and stylish. Check buttons and zippers.
- Incorporate modern influences. Avoid looking like a period piece from head to toe. Wear classic jackets, sweaters and shirts with dark denim jeans to create an edgy look.
- Keep it simple. Stray away from some of the detailing included on vintage clothes. Too much of a good thing can be bad. Avoid looking tacky and busy. Wear solid neutrals when pairing multiple vintage items.
- Splurge a little. Men, don’t be cheap. Make a couple of quality purchases that can be worn forever. Stick to buying classic pieces that never go out of style. Mix luxurious essentials with discounted trends.
- Use an iron! Press vintage clothing. Classic shirts and pants should be starched and ironed.
Hopefully, these tips are useful to you. Classic clothing is a fantastic addition to any wardrobe. Following these suggestions will help in creating a seamless look.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.