Knowing how to wear classic style clothes creates a sharp, sophisticated look. Men look sharp, clean-cut and well-kept in retro inspired clothing. Follow these simple tips when exploring classic styles.
- Make sure the fit is right! Size is everything. Classic clothes shouldn’t be too big nor too small. Tailor articles of clothing to fit. Avoid pieces that are difficult to alter.
- Choose a style of clothing that is flattering. Not every man can sport a trench coat. Choose classic pieces that accent height and weight.
- Purchase quality-made clothing. Be careful when purchasing clothes at discount retailers. Buy clothing that is well-sewn and tasteful. Fabrics should be durable and stylish. Check buttons and zippers.
- Incorporate modern influences. Avoid looking like a period piece from head to toe. Wear classic jackets, sweaters and shirts with dark denim jeans to create an edgy look.
- Keep it simple. Stray away from some of the detailing included on vintage clothes. Too much of a good thing can be bad. Avoid looking tacky and busy. Wear solid neutrals when pairing multiple vintage items.
- Splurge a little. Men, don’t be cheap. Make a couple of quality purchases that can be worn forever. Stick to buying classic pieces that never go out of style. Mix luxurious essentials with discounted trends.
- Use an iron! Press vintage clothing. Classic shirts and pants should be starched and ironed.
Hopefully, these tips are useful to you. Classic clothing is a fantastic addition to any wardrobe. Following these suggestions will help in creating a seamless look.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …