How To Wear Contacts
Learning how to wear contact lenses does not have to be a difficult feat. They can be a healthy and convenient option for those who do not want to wear eyeglasses. Sometimes even experienced wearers may have questions about wearing contacts. It is important to know these tips whatever your concerns may be.
To wear contact lenses, you will need:
- Contact lenses
- Shake your solution case. This helps the contact lenses to become loose. Slide the lens out of its case and into the palm of your hand. Rinse thoroughly with the contact lens solution.
- Place the lens on your finger so that it creates the shape of a cup. Hold the lens directly in front of your eye so that you are looking at it. Stand in front of a mirror while learning how to wear contact lenses.
- Pull on your upper and lower eyelid with your free hand. This helps to create room for the contact lens to slide in.
- Position the contact lens onto your eye. Look forward or upward whichever is convenient for you. You can also apply the contact lens on the white of your eye, closest to your ear.
- Close your eye slowly. Roll it around in a complete circle for it to get used to the contact lens. Blink a few times to adjust the lens to your eye.
- Look in the mirror to see if the contact lens is in the center of your eye. It should be in the center if it feels comfortable. Make sure your vision is clear.
- Repeat steps one through five. Use these steps for placing the other contact lens into your other eye. Take precaution—it can take some time getting used learning how to wear contact lenses.
- Accidentally wearing contact lenses inside out will not cause damage.
- Always wash your hands before applying or removing your contact lenses.
- Keep your fingernails short to avoid scratching or damaging your eyes.