How To Wear Cufflinks
Give your wardrobe some extra pizzazz by learning how to wear cufflinks, because French cuffs will set you apart from the crowd. A French cuffed shirt displays elegance with a personal expression of your fashion sense. French cuffed shirts are always seen at formal occasions, for example, with tuxedos. However, you will also see casual and dress shirts with cufflinks. Many people find learning how to wear cufflinks a little bit of a challenge, but if you learn how to wear cufflinks correctly it is just as easy as using a button.
- First, look to see what kind of cufflink you have. Some cufflinks have one end that has a swivel bar. The other type is one that has a button on both ends with a short metal bar connecting the two. They may look very different, but the steps to learn how to wear each cufflink are exactly the same for both.
- Take your French cuffed shirt and open the cuff. Notice that the cuff is twice as long and has four button holes, two on each side.
- Take the cuff and fold it up, matching the lower two button holes to the top two button holes. Close the cuff and align all four buttonholes of the cuff together.
- Take the swivel end of the cufflink and close it. Thread the cufflink through all four aligned holes. Once threaded, hold the cuff and cufflinks together.
- Open the swivel end to lock the cufflink in place, making sure the swivel end of the cufflink is on the underside of the shirt sleeve. If you have a two-button link, push the button through each matched hole as if you were buttoning the cuff with a button.
Make sure the cuff is even all around and you are done. Now that you know how to wear cufflinks, have fun with them. Match your cufflinks with your tie. Wear gem cufflinks on a formal occasion. People are sure to notice.