How To Wear A Fedora
Have you ever wondered how you can look just as cool in a fedora as Justin Timberlake and Ne-Yo? As long as you're head's not too large, you're hair's not too stringy and you're not too fat, you can look just as sharp in a pimp hat as they do. But watch out - the cops just might mistake you as one of Al Capone's descendants.
Things You'll Need:
- A fedora
- Some clothes
- A mirror
- Think about the wardrobe you'll be wearing with the fedora. Depending on how cool or suave your clothes will be determines at which angle you'll wear the fedora.
- Select a few outfits from your closet. Some good options include a button-down dress shirt and vest (for a Timberlake/Ne-Yo look) or a leather jacket and crew neck T-shirt (for a more retro look). But if you want to look gangsta, opt for a pinstripe suit.
- Get dressed in one of the outfits. This will give you a better picture of the overall look.
- Brush your hair until smooth. Fedoras do not work well on top of a messy, stringy, bedhead look.
- Grab your fedora and plant yourself in front of a mirror. You might be here a while, so stand comfortably.
- Place the fedora on top of your head. Wear a fedora straight forward for a businessman look. If you don't fancy a straight look, tip it to one side of your head just a little. This is the more gangster appearance and probably one of the most popular. The tipped look is pretty much all-purpose and infuses a lot of fun into something that's otherwise kind of serious-looking.