If you don’t know how to wear plaid pants properly, you don’t know what you’ve been missing. There are a variety of ways to wear plaid pants. Knowing how to wear plaid pants with style will make you look at your wardrobe in a whole new light.
- Pair your plaid pants with a T-shirt. Pick one of the colors that is most predominant in your plaid pants and then pair your pants with that color of T-shirt. The staple white T-shirt you probably already own will usually match just about any pair of plaid pants.
- Wear a polo shirt. To achieve a dressier look, you can pair your plaid pants with a polo shirt. You will want to choose a solid-colored polo, and may already have one in your closet. You can wear your polo shirt tucked in or out.
- Pair plaid pants with a white button-down shirt. Most all plaid pants go great with a white, long- or short-sleeve button-down shirt. This is a great look for work or play. A belt and a nice dress shoe are a great way to complete this look.
- Dress up with a sweater vest. This is definitely your best bet for achieving that golfer look. A solid-colored sweater vest is a great way to dress up your plaid pants. You can wear it under a polo shirt or a T-shirt, along with a pair of golf or dress shoes.
- Roll up your plaid pants. Whether you are going for a walk on the beach or just hanging out outside, rolling up your plaid pants always looks stylish. Make sure you evenly roll your plaid pants so you don't look lopsided.
- Wear your plaid pants with flip flops. Nothing says "beach comber" like a pair of flip flops with your plaid pants. Even if you're not at the beach, you will score big with this look. Make sure your flip flops accent one of the colors in your plaid pants.
When wearing plaid pants, make sure you always color coordinate. You never want to pair any kind of print with plaid pants.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.