It is important to know how to wear rain boots because they are handy when it rains, and they are also a growing fashion statement. Rain boots are very different from everyday shoes, so before you put a pair on, pay attention to these simple guidelines so you look great no matter where you’re going.
- Wear your jeans over rain boots for a more casual look. Make sure that the jeans are ironed so you don’t look sloppy. The jeans also need to be long enough; they should be the normal length you would wear them with regular shoes. If the jeans are too short, they will look strange.
- For a more interesting look, wear the rain boots over the jeans. Usually the only time to wear rain boots over jeans is when it is raining, so that the bottoms of your pants do not get wet. However, if you decide you want to wear the rain boots over the pants as a fashion statement, then make sure the pants are not tight or too fitted. Too-tight jeans on men is not appealing, and adding rain boots to that equation is a recipe for disaster. Instead, opt for looser-fitting jeans.
- Only wear rain boots with casual clothes. While it may be tempting to throw on a pair of rain boots with dressier clothes, it should never be done. If you are wearing business or dressy clothes and need to keep your shoes dry, then wear rain boots only until you reach your destination, at which point you should change into other shoes.
- Wear rain boots large. Rain boots should be at least one size bigger than your regular shoe size, because rubber is not the kind of material that will allow your foot to move freely. If the boot is too tight, your foot may be uncomfortable. They may also be difficult to put on and take off.
- Don’t wear rain boots with shorts. Don’t wear them with khakis either; rain boots are not made for those types of bottoms.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...