If you are job hunting, it is important to know how to wear sport coat to job interview. Wearing the right sport coat can make a big difference in how the interviewer perceives you when they first see you enter their office. Pick a sport coat that is in style, so you look good for your job interview.
To wear a sport coat to a job interview you need:
- Right color, size and style of sport coat
- Other clothing and accessories
- Buy a sport coat that fits properly and is a dark color. Navy blue with brass or gold buttons is a good choice for a sport coat. Look at the lapels to see if they are wider than you like before you wear a sport coat to a job interview. Check the vent in the back of the suit to make sure it is the kind that you want.
- Buy some gray or khaki pants and some dress shoes. If you are going to wear a sport coat to a job interview instead of a suit, you need your entire outfit to look good. Try on some pants and choose a color. Buy some black dress shoes that are in style. Get a belt as well that is the same color as your shoes. Choose a tie that is not too bright when you are going to wear a sport coat to a job interview.
- When it is time for your interview, do not fasten all of the buttons. It is okay to button a suit jacket all the way, but when you wear a sport coat to a job interview you only want to button the top button or the top two buttons at the most. When you sit down, unbutton the sport coat all the way.
- Once the interview is over, stand up and button the sport coat. When you wear a sport coat to a job interview, it looks good when you button up after the interviewer finishes. It lets the interviewer know that you care about your appearance and want to look professional.