Looking for a new look and need to know just how to wear western plaid shirts? Western plaid shirts can give your look a bit of country western style to it. You don't have to be a cowboy to get away with wearing them; anyone can pull it off, and they are stylish, too. Here is how to wear western plaid shirts appropriately, so you don't look like an uptight cowboy:
- Make sure the shirt is the right size. Western plaid shirts are meant to shape your body. They shouldn't be worn too big or too small.
- Wear with denim. Western plaid shirts should not be worn with dress pants, khakis, and definitely not shorts. Jeans will go best with them; they are the right combination for the look you are trying to achieve.
- Leave the shirt untucked from jeans. Just because the western plaid shirt has a collar and buttons, does not mean that you have to tuck it in. It is meant to be left untucked for a relaxed look. Tucking it in looks like you are trying to make it into a dress shirt, which it is not.
- Do not go over board with accessories. Some try to wear vest over western plaid shirts and cowboy hats to complete the look. It is really not necessary to add all this extra stuff. If you really must, pick the hat, not the vest.
- Wear boots with your western plaid shirt. Boots will add a nice finishing touch. You can wear cowboy boots or even rugged hiking boots, if cowboy boots aren't your thing. It is easy to wear western plaid shirts, for a relaxing stylish look.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
A Noble Experiment… With Bourbon
What happens when jeans are “aged” liked a fine spirit? We’ll soon find out.
Today in Nick Offerman: Love, Work and iPhone Advice
He offered that, plus tales of college sex, on the Tonight Show.
Cooking With Booze: Bourbon Barrel Quad Ice Cream
If you're ever going to make dessert, make it this beer-and-bourbon brilliance.