How To Wheelie BMX
Wondering how to wheelie BMX style? The wheelie is one of the first tricks most riders learn. Novices and professionals alike perform it. This is because it is easy but looks nice making it a great trick to master. It can add flair to your run in a competition or simply just impress some friends. It is easy but will need time and dedication to get it looking smooth.
- Start riding so that you can build speed.
- Push down on handlebars after you have built up some speed.
- Lean your body back while pulling up on the handlebars.
- Lean back farther as the front wheel begins to get off the ground.
- Keep pedaling while you have the front wheel up if you are able to.
- Bring the wheel back down and stop pedaling.
- When stable and both wheels are back down start to pedal again.
Now that you have learned the steps it is time to go out and try it. This trick is pretty simple in its separate parts but do not be fooled, it will need to be practiced a number of times so that you can pull it off smoothly. Remember to be safe. Try it a few times near grass so that if you need to bail or you lose control of the trick you have a softer place to land.
Warning: Do not lean too far while doing a wheelie or you will throw yourself off backwards. Any tricks on a BMX bike can cause injury. Wear protective equipment to ensure your safety while trying to perform the trick.