How To Whiten Teeth Naturally
Knowing how to whiten your teeth naturally with home remedies can give you a confident smile without having to burn a hole in your wallet or subject your mouth and body to harsh chemicals. Many of the whitening activities can be found already in your cupboard or may be already in the foods you eat and drink. Just be sure to implement these teeth whitening strategies consistently to see results.
To whiten your teeth naturally, you need:
- Baking Soda
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Tooth brush
- Try to limit teeth staining drinks, foods and activities. Consuming coffee, tea, soda, certain medications and even chocolate contribute to a yellow, dull smile. Smoking and chewing tobacco also greatly contribute to tooth decay, so be sure to cut this out (if you’re not doing so already for the health implications alone).
- Consume foods and drinks instead that contribute to whiter teeth and greater oral health. A balanced diet is very important in helping to prevent cavities and have whiter teeth. Drinks include green tea, plain water with lemon and many herbal teas. Apples,celery, strawberries and carrots help remove plaque and contribute to a brighter smile.
- Break out the baking soda. Multipurpose baking soda can help whiten your teeth as well. The best and easiest way would be to spread a layer over a damp tooth brush and use it as you would like toothpaste, but your taste buds are too sensitive, you can also combine it with you toothpaste to double the cleaning and whitening power of your everyday tooth-brushing routine.
- Swish with hydrogen peroxide. After you brush your teeth, use hydrogen peroxide the way you would use mouth wash (swish facing downwards towards the sink to minimize chances of swallowing). If your teeth and gums are burning and or are sensitive, try diluting the peroxide with some water. Don’t forget to rinse with water when you are finished.
- Use strawberries as toothpaste. This is the most bizarre sounding tooth-whitening remedy, but it’s as gentle and pleasant tasting as it is effective. Strawberries have natural bleaching properties within its pulp, so you can scrub some of it directly on your enamel, or mash it up and use it like a toothpaste.
- Be consistent. Doing these natural teeth whitening activities every once in a while won’t deliver results. You need to implement these remedies every day over a good period of time to get the bright smile you desire on the dimes that you have.