How To Win My Wife Back
You really screwed up this time; the love of your life has split and you are left asking yourself "how to win my wife back?" Depending upon how unhappy you've made her, it's probably not going to be easy. Swallow your pride and get to work.
- Ask her what you did wrong and listen to her response. Even if you firmly believe that everything was entirely her fault you need to listen to her if you want her to come back to you. You're the one begging her to return, so you'd better find out why she left in the first place. Do not try to argue with her or explain to her why she was wrong about leaving.
- Apologize immediately and admit you were wrong. Leaving your husband is a serious decision. If your wife actually left, now is not the time to try and win a fight with her. You need to do damage control. Give her a sincere apology. Do not say "I'm sorry you feel that way" and tell her that you made a mistake.
- Fix whatever she told you was broken. If she left because you're a slob around the house and don't appreciate anything she does, clean the place from top to bottom and do something extra for her like ask if you can make dinner. If you've done something that was serious enough for her to actually leave, you need to make a lifetime commitment to not repeating your mistake. If she left because she's no longer attracted to you, join a gym.
- Get professional help. If your wife left because you hit her or you have a problem with drugs or alcohol, go to therapy. Even if you don't actually believe that your drinking is a problem, if you want your wife to come home you're going to have to talk to a therapist. Let your wife know that you've started therapy and ask her if she's willing to join you.
- Remind her of why she liked you in the first place. Explain to her why you want to continue with your marriage. If she's seeing another guy, tell her how much you love her and ask her to please give you another chance before she moves on.
- Don't stalk her. If your wife really wants to leave, there's nothing you can do to force her to stay. Respect her decision and realize that she needs to do what's best for herself. Terrorizing her by showing up places you know she'll be, calling her hundreds of times per day or threatening her is not going to win her back and it's also illegal.
Posted on: Nov. 22, 2010