How To Win At Starcraft
You love Starcraft and you learn how to want to win at Starcraft, but you just get beat all the time. If you want to win, then here are some things that you can do to improve your game. If you are getting beat by the computer, here are some strategies you try do to win all the time.
- When you start a game with the computer, send a worker over to your opponent to harass his main building. This works best with the Protoss, because the workers can make buildings and leave while it builds. Go make that worker harass the main building of the computer, and all the workers will try and kill your one worker.
- Send your worker all over the place and your opponents' workers will follow it! You can then send that worker to the end of the map to keep the computer from getting resources.
- If you want to play and win online, you have to be quick. This means learn your hot keys. Put your buildings into groups so that you can hot key them as well. It’s kind of hard in the beginning, but you start saving time from moving your view back and forth on the map. You will win at Starcraft if you get this down.
- Remember to use your hot keys, as they are your saving grace in StarCraft battles . When you’re in a battle, it is nice to be able to keep producing units with just a couple of buttons, but keep your screen focused on the battle. If you are constantly moving your view from your battles to build more, you will lose those battles. Don’t wait to build more units after the battle is done, that wastes just as much time. If you are doing both, then you will lose most of your games. If you don’t focus on your battles, then you won’t win at Starcraft.
- Build lots of workers to keep your army going. You need to keep tier one units upgraded so they will be useful to you later in the game as well. Build workers mostly in the beginning, but also use some resources to counter any rushing that might come along. If you don’t have enough resources, then you won’t win at Starcraft.
- Expand in an area that your opponent will not check to look. Move in close enough that he will think you won’t expand there, but far away enough from him so he won’t try to expand there himself. You can also expand close to your forces so you have something beefy to help you out at a moment’s notice. If you don’t expand , then you won’t win at Starcraft.
- Harass your opponent before he harasses you. You have to know where to harass him at and that means scout him out and keep an eye on him. If you have fast moving units, move them in and attack then move them out again when he brings the heat. If you don’t harass them, you won’t win at Starcraft.
Always remember to check on what your opponent is doing and building so you can counter it. These tips should improve your game, but it’s one thing to know it and another to do it. Practice makes perfect and if you’re not getting the wins, it’s not because of your units, but the way you are playing them. Always try to improve with hot keys, scouting and harassing. Follow this and you will win at Starcraft.