How To Win A Warcraft 3 Game
If you find yourself struggling against even the easiest of Warcraft 3 computer opponents, you need to incorporate a little strategy if you want to learn how to win a Warcraft 3 game. Blizzard released Warcraft 3 in 2002 as the third in a line of popular RTS strategy games. The game features four different playable races and dozens of different units. In between the game sessions, cutscenes and quests help keep you involved in the overall story, so it doesn't just feel like a series of RTS maps. Like most RTS games, winning in Warcraft 3 comes down to wiping your opponent off of the face of the map, but the process to get that done is a little more involved.
- Focus on your economy early. While you will be building other units as well, so don't let your economy stall in the early game or you'll pay for it later. After your initial buildings are up, you should keep your workers going between wood and gold at all times. Never let them sit around and do nothing.
- Build barracks with your initial workers. Once the barracks are up, send your workers to harvest lumber. Barracks are required to start building your army.
- Build a hero and a few additional units. Warcraft 3 is all about heroes and you won't win much without a few. Send this initial hero out to kill some creeps and level it up.
- Scout the area for an additional gold mine. Build some workers and send them to the gold mine to build an expansion town. Make sure as your economy grows you continue to build workers and have them harvest gold and wood. You want the amount of gold and wood you bring in to be as close to what you need as possible.
- Level up your hero and build at least one more. Group your heroes with other units and send them out as armies. Heroes start out fairly weak in Warcraft 3, so you'll need to spend some time killing random creeps to level up your hero.
- Learn to master your hero. Heroes can cast spells, so use hero items and level up their abilities. You need to take advantage of all of this if you want to win.
- Attack the enemy town when you feel you have the advantage. If you have mastered your economy, you should outnumber your opponent by now and have a good chance of winning the Warcraft 3 game. When you start you attack, bring your entire army together to inflict as much damage as possible. Don't forget to maintain your economy and continue to build units while you are attacking just in case your attack is unsuccessful.