Knowing how to winterize a Yamaha Vx110 Jet Ski is a simple but important maintenance task. Proper care and maintenance of any vehicle is important and jet skis are no exception. The Yamaha Vx110 Jet Ski has a 4 stroke engine that does require a few procedures to be followed in order to properly winterize during storage.
- Flush the engine and cooling system with water, using the hose connection, for 3 minutes while idling (Warning: Do not let the water run without the engine running).
- After 3 minutes turn off water and force the remaining water out by squeezing and releasing the throttle lever for 10 to 15 seconds. (note: do not run the engine for more than 15 seconds without water running through engine)
- Stop the Engine.
- Remove air filter cover and air filter.
- Spray rust inhibitor into each intake opening for 3 Seconds. This protects internal engine components such as bore linings, valve stems, etc from rust and damage.
- Install air filter and air filter cover.
- Start engine and let run at idle for 15 seconds. Lubricate all cables, etc.
- Fill gas tank and use gas stabilizer, drain all water in engine compartment (if any).
- Wash & wax, remove battery etc.
Tips: Never run the engine for more than 15 seconds with water running through the engine. Make sure to remove / drain any water from the engine after flushing. This helps prevent rust. If you use anti-freeze remember to clamp off the cooling intake line when adding anti-freeze.
Following these simple maintenance steps can save time and costly repairs when the next summer season comes around. Maintenance is always helpful for a long-lasting and well performing engine. Always check with the owner’s manual for special instructions on each unit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.