Have you just built a garage and need to know how to wire a garage? You can save a lot of money by wiring a garage yourself. You don't have to be a professional or an electrician to do this, as long as you have the right tools and can follow some basic instructions you should be ok. Wiring your garage properly will allow your garage door to move up and down smoothly. Follow these steps to help you to learn how to wire your garage.
To wire a garage you need:
- box plate
- wire box
- electrical wire
- wire stripper
- wire cutter
- Shut off the electricity. The first thing to do before you begin wiring your garage is to make sure to turn off the electricity. You can do this by simply taking out all of the circuit breakers from the main circuit. This will prevent from any power fro traveling through the circuit box and through the wires, and will keep you from getting electrocuted.
- Open the outlet box. In your garage find the nearest plug, and with the power shut off unscrew the plate located on the front of the box. Remove the screws on the top and bottom of the outlet box. Once the screws are removed from the outlet box, carefully pull the outlet box away from the wall. Now the wires will be exposed.
- Extend the electrical wires. Remove any wire covers, a small rubber insulation tube. Use the wire stripper to strip away about an inch from each ends of the wires to combine these with the new electrical wires. Extend the wires to out to wherever you want the outlet to be located.
- Install the new wires. Wherever you extended the wires to place the outlet box at the end of those wires, and then push the wires though the back off the box. Remove about an inch of insulation, and screw this into the outlet screws. Match up all of the wires and screws by color. The white wire should be matched up with the white screw, and the black wire should go with the black screw. Now you can replace the outlet on the wall. Next, attach more wires to be extended towards the garage door.
- Add the garage opener. Near the opener is where you add the box to the garage door joint. Place the wire that is near the garage door, and put it in the conduit box. Now connect the screws the same way you did with outlet box. Once you screw on a box plate you can turn the electricity back on, and test out your new wired garage door.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."