How To Wire Money To Bank Account
Need to know how to wire money to a bank account? Wiring money to a bank account, yours or someone else's, is easy. Many people wire money to friends and long-distance relatives. Sending money makes you feel good, but just remember these steps in order to wire the money to the right bank account. Western Union offers a variety of ways to send money to a bank account.
- Use your favorite search engine and go to the Western Union website. Choose the direct to bank option. This will allow the funds to go directly to the receiver’s bank. Allow three days minimum for processing the money.
- Provide the recipient’s bank information. List the receiver’s routing number, bank account number and the name of the bank. This information allows the funds to go directly to the receiver’s bank account.
- Use your credit card or debit card to authorize the bank transfer from your account. Since this is an online transaction, you will need to use a credit card or debit card to process the transaction. Service fees vary according to transfer amount and location. Handling fees range from eight dollars to $40 or more.
- Contact your bank regarding the wire transfer if you used a debit card. Call your bank so they know that you authorized this transaction. For security purposes, many banks require verbal authorization to release the funds.
- Contact the recipient to acknowledge receipt of the funds. Make sure you wait at least three days from the direct bank transfer to verify that the receiver actually obtained the funds.
Wiring money to a bank account just takes a few simple steps. Keep this in mind and your money will arrive with no problem.