How To Wire A Pioneer DEF-1900MP
Before you learn how to wire a Pioneer DEF-1900MP, learn a little bit about the product. The DEF-1900MP offered by Pioneer is a stereo CD player for cars, and a part of the preceding car audio deck models. Same as the modern models, the DEF-1900MP includes an outlet panel that is situated on the rear side of the unit providing a simple platform to connect stereo wiring from various vehicle models and makes. An installation sleeve is provided with the stereo which helps install the deck to any vehicles stereo mounting dock. You can also combine with a specific faceplate adapter to set up Pioneer DEF-1900MP intrucks, cars, or SUVs.
Things you’ll need to wire a Pioneer:
- Wiring harness adapter
- Wrench or pliers
- Flat screwdriver
- Installation sleeve that is included in the Pioneer stereo packet
- Remove the negative battery cable of the vehicle attached to the negative terminal. Using pliers or a wrench, loosen the clamps of the cable and move away the cable from the battery.
- Take the factory stereo out of the dashboard stereo dock of the vehicle. If required check the repair manual of the factory stereo for instructions regarding the removal of the various parts of the stereo.
- Remove the plug of the stereo wiring binders out of the stereo’s rear side along with the antenna cable.
- Connect the stereo wiring binders to the lead connectors of wiring harness adapter. Look for the manual of the harness adapter for instructions regarding proper procedures for the connections. The simplest way is to plug in the lead connectors.
- Take the stereo installation sleeve which comes along the Pioneer deck and fit it into the vehicles vacant stereo mounting dock. Using a flat screw driver, fold over the tabs that are present at the installation sleeve entrance, so that it is secured in the dock.
- Connect the leads of wiring harness adapter with the 2 outlets that are present on the DEH-P770MP deck's right side on the rear panel. Connect the cable of the antenna into the outlet for FM antenna which is situated on the left of the rear panel of the Pioneer stereo.
- Slip the stereo inside the installation sleeve till it fits in place. Two separate clicks can be felt which indicates the stereo has successfully been seated into the sleeve from both sides.
- Put back in place any paneling detached during the process of removal of the stereo parts. If required, check with the repair manual in order to direct the replacement of the stereo mounting paneling. Get back to the battery of the vehicle.
- Put back the clamp of the negative battery cable to the lead post of the negative battery. Using the wrench tighten the clamps of the cable to the post. Shut the hood of the vehicle.