How To Wire Subwoofers
You've just purchased a subwoofer for your car and want to know how to wire subwoofers. You are looking forward to making that bass pop with your new subwoofer. A subwoofer delivers that hard core bass and enhances to overall sound in your audio system. In order for a subwoofer to work properly it has to be wired correctly. To wire subwoofers to you car audio system is not that difficult and does not take that much time.
To wire subwoofers you need:
- audio wiring kit
- Make sure the amplifier has a place in your car. Find a place to hold the amplifier in your car. A good place to keep an amplifier is usually behind a seat or underneath a seat.
- Attach the positive and negative leads of the wires. Identify the positive (+) and negative (-) leads on each wire. Twist the bare wire together from the positive leads. Do the same thing with the negative wire.
- Put the subwoofer in place. Place the subwoofer in the place in your vehicle that you have chosen for it to go. Make sure it is secured.
- Connect the amp to the subwoofer. Run one set of the cables from the amp to the car radio. Then take the positive and negative wires on the amp and match them up to the speaker output on the subwoofer. Keep all the positive and negative wires connected together throughout the entire audio system.
- Adjust the settings on the subwoofer. Adjust the equalizer setting from your radio for the best subwoofer levels. Match the subwoofer volume with the audio speaker volume.