Knowing how to work a 250 Ninja clutch is the first step in beginning to ride a 250 Ninja. Learning how to work a 250 Ninja clutch is essentially the same as learning how to work any other motorcycle clutch. Learning how to work a 250 Ninja clutch is a simple matter of understanding what the role of clutch is in the shifting process and how shifting is necessary to ride a 250 Ninja. Reading how to work a 250 Ninja clutch is a good way to get basic knowledge however practicing with the 250 Ninja clutch is the best way to truly learn.
- Put the bike in Neutral. Hold the clutch down on your 250 Ninja. Use your foot to shift all the way down using the shifter pedal. Use your foot to shift one up from the very last position which will put the Ninja 250 in neutral.
- Start the Ninja 250. Start the Ninja 250 using the push button ignition. Do not hold the clutch down for this step as long as you shifted the bike into neutral in step one.
- Shift into gear. Hold the clutch down with your hand. Use your foot to shift down one gear, putting your bike into first gear. Slowly release the clutch while you give the Ninja 250 gas at the same time. When the bike starts to move, release the clutch more and give the bike more gas. If your Ninja 250 feels like it is beginning to die (the motor is going to stall) then quickly give the bike more clutch to keep it running. Repeat the process by slowly releasing the clutch and giving the bike more gas.
- Change gears. Once the bike is moving at a steady speed in first gear, you will need to shift into second. Press the clutch down on your Ninja 250. Use your foot to pull the gear level up two positions (first will be neutral, second time will be second gear). Begin to release the clutch and give the bike more gas. Release the clutch much quicker when changing between gears versus when you are first starting out in first gear.
- Use the clutch. Use the clutch anytime the bike feels like it is going to stall. Always utilize the clutch when shifting between gears and never shift without the clutch (speed shifting). Practicing on level ground in your yard is a good way to get a feel for the clutch on your Ninja 250. Practice getting the bike going in first gear as that is the most challenging thing to learn about the clutch.
- Each clutch is unique due to the amount of wear on it and therefore they may not all react the same on every Ninja 250.
- Practice getting into first gear and learning where the clutch "bites" to make riding your Ninja 250 easier.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.