Do you want to know how to work out for leg growth? A wide range of exercises for leg growth are available, and leg growth can be achieved with weight machines or on your own.
For maximum leg growth, complete between 8 and 12 repetitions of each exercise. Do two or three sets of 8 to 12 repetitions each, with a one minute rest between sets. If you find you can perform the exercise more than 12 times in a row with the weights you have, increase the weight by three to five pounds at a time until you can perform no more than 12 reps.
You will need:
- a non-skid floor surface at least four feet by four feet
- a set of hand weights or dumbbells
- a sturdy stool, bench, or step about 18 inches high
Before beginning the leg exercises, warm up by performing a light cardiovascular activity for five to ten minutes. Try jogging, walking quickly, or doing jumping jacks.
Work Out for Leg Growth Exercise 1: Squats
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hands at your sides. Keep your head up and look straight ahead.
- Contract your abdominal muscles by pulling your navel toward your spine. This will protect your back during the exercise.
- Inhale as you bend at the knees, as if trying to sit in an invisible chair. Your goal is to bend until the thigh is parallel with the floor. Do not bend further than your balance will allow. Do not allow the knees to extend past the toes–you should be able to see the tips of your shoes at all points during this exercise.
- Exhale as you return to a standing position. Repeat at least seven more times. For added resistance, use heavier dumbbells and/or bend your knees more slowly.
Work Out for Leg Growth Exercise 2: Lunges
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, hands at your sides. Keep your head up and straight ahead.
- Inhale as you step about two feet straight forward with your right foot. Bend the right knee until the right thigh is parallel to the floor. Just like the squats above, do not let your knee extend past the tips of your toes.
- As the right knee bends, the left knee will also bend automatically. As soon as the left knee touches the floor, return to the starting position. Exhale as you return upright. Repeat at least seven more times. Try alternating legs or doing all reps on the same leg to see which works best for you.
Work Out for Leg Growth Exercise 3: Step-Ups
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand. Stand facing a sturdy stool, bench, or step. Keep your head up; you can look downward slightly to see where the step is, but try not to drop the head.
- Inhale as you lift your right foot and step onto the bench. Straighten the right knee and raise the left leg behind you, pointing the toe. Feel the muscles of the right thigh pushing as you straighten the leg, and the muscles of the left leg lifting and reaching as you straighten the left leg behind.
- Exhale as you place the left foot back on the floor and step the right leg down from the step. Return the right foot to the floor as in the starting position. Inhale as you lift the left foot to repeat the exercise.
- Do at least seven more sets of step-ups. A step with the right and the left foot is one "set."
You can also perform these leg growth exercises with ankle weights, if desired. If you use ankle weights, take extra care to keep the abdominal muscles engaged by pulling your navel to your spine. Engaging the abdominal muscles will help prevent damage to the lower back.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?