Many motorcycle owners wonder how to wrap motorcycle exhaust pipes. Luckily, this is not a very difficult task and can be achieved fairly easily and quickly. The guide below will help you learn how to wrap a motorcycle exhaust pipe.
To wrap motorcycle exhaust pipes, you will need:
- Your motorcycle
- Header wrap
- Hose clamp
- Take the header wrap and begin wrapping the exhaust line near the engine. It is important that you do not remove the flange, because it cannot be put on after the wrapping. Begin to wrap the exhaust as close to the flange as possible.
- Use a hose clamp to secure the wrap in place. Make sure to place the clamp in a location that will not disturb any nuts or studs on the motorcycle exhaust system.
- Tightly wrap the rest of the hose with the header wrap. The wrap should overlap about a quarter inch. The smaller the size of the wrap, the easier it is to wrap the bends in the hose. Make sure the wrap is tight and wrinkle free.
- Use your hands to twist the end of the wrap. This will help create a nice tight fit.
- Use another hose clamp to secure the wrap. Make sure to place the clamp in a location that will not interfere with the functioning of the motorcycle or its exhaust system.
- Cut off any excess header wrap.
- The motorcycle will smoke a lot when it is first ridden after the wrapping. This is perfectly normal and safe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.