How To Wrap A Shin Splint
Your shin has been bothering you, and you need to know how to wrap a shin splint. Shin splints are common for runners and is a pain that is in your lower leg. Constant impact or stress over time can cause a shin splint to occur. Resting your leg, adding ice to the area and taking muscle relaxers can help ease the pain. Wrapping a shin splint will prevent additional damage from occurring.
To wrap a shin splint you need:
- trainer's tape
- pre-wrap bandage (optional)
- Relax the muscles. Sit in a chair so that your foot can rest on the ground. This will help the muscles to relax while you do the wrapping.
- Use a pre-wrap bandage or shave the area. This will prevent irritation and your hair from pulling. This will also help the tape to stick better. You want to begin at the ankle with the pre-wrap and then wrap around the mid calf area. Tear the remains of the tape off when you are done.
- Begin to wrap the tape. Start above the ankle at the front side. Wrap the ankle and then move upward on your leg. Wrap the tape at an angle, but be careful to not wrap it too tightly. This will allow for the leg to have breathing room and be able to move.
- Wrap an additional piece of tape. Take another piece of tape and overlap it on top of the other tape. Wrap around the shin again. Repeat the process three or four more times. When you are done, tear off the tape, and your shin should be completely wrapped.