To avoid late fees, you should learn how to write to a bank about late mortgage payments. Sometimes, all you have to do is explain why the payment is being sent late and the mortgage company will waive any fees. Even if they refuse to remove the fees, it's still worth a try! Take a moment and read the tips and suggestions listed below to learn how to write to a bank about late mortgage payments.
- Send your letter to the correct address. Before you do anything else, find out the correct address to send communications regarding your late mortgage payments. Contact your mortgage company by phone to get the address. Don't assume the address you mail your payment to is the same address that receives communications!
- Be professional. When learning how to write to a bank about late mortgage payments, remember to write professionally. In other words, write the letter as you would write a business letter. Include a salutation, body, summary and closure.
- Briefly explain the problem. The people that receive your letter receive a lot of other letters too. Briefly explain why the payment is late and be to the point. If the payment was late due to a bank error, include documentation of the error and briefly explain what the problem was.
- Don't ramble. When you are learning how to write to a bank about late mortgage payments, remember that these are very busy people. They don't have time to listen to the ramblings of anyone. Be brief and to the point, and only provide relevant information that will be used to explain the late payment.
- Why should they remove late fees? If you are learning how to write to a bank about late mortgage payments because you want to have late fees removed, detail why the bank would be smart to remove the fees. For example, you could say something like, "I am requesting that the late fees be removed since this is the first time I have been late, and I have been a loyal customer for over five years."
- Include contact information. If you don't include contact information, the mortgage company won't be able to get a hold of you. Include your contact information at the top of your letter, and again at the bottom. Include your address, phone number and also your account number.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.