How To Write A Blog
Blogs seem to be everywhere today, so you might be wondering how to write a blog so you can start your own. Blogs are like online personal diaries but they can be written about any subject. In fact, some sites are more like blogs than websites and some people even use blogs to make money along with getting their opinion out to the public. Here are a few things to get you on track to learn about how to write a blog.
What you'll need:
- An internet connection
- A blog host
- Decide what you want to write about. Blogs are as unique as the individual who's writing, so your blog can be about anything you please. From movie reviews to a personal diary, you can write to your heart's content about whatever interests you. In fact, the more you know about a subject, the more successful your blog may be since it focuses on a certain aspect. If you know a lot about gardening for instance, write about that and try to become a blog expert on the subject.
- Choose a blog host. There are many different blog hosts out there such as Blogger and WordPress. Some people even host a blog as part of their websites, so if you already have a website you can consider utilizing that as well. Which blog site you choose is up to personal preference because each have different pros and cons about them. For instance, Blogger may be more user friendly but WordPress has many more options.
- Start writing. Once you have your blog set up, it's time to start writing. The best and most popular bloggers usually write on a regular basis so that their fans know when to expect a blog post. If you can write every day, do so. For example, if you are writing a blog about funny things that happen around your house, always have backup material for when you don't have anything fresh to write. That way, your blog always has something new for the fans to read.
- Tell the world. Once you have a blog there are many ways you can tell everyone about it. Obviously you can tell your friends and family about the location and ask them to read it. If you want many fans though, there are different venues that help get your blog out to the world such as Zimbio and Fuel My Blog. These places typically ask for a reciprocal link or tiny banner to place on your blog in exchange for their advertising of your content.
- Make money. Not every blog will make tons of money but more successful blogs have been known to draw in thousands of dollars; it all depends on how popular you are. If your blog is extremely popular with thousands of readers, you can charge a premium dollar for ad space. If your blog is pretty small with just a few readers, you can monetize it with paid posts. Keep in mind these will show up to your readers and may not have anything to do with what you normally blog about, so that is a decision you'll have to make to decide if it's worth it.
Now you don't have to worry about wondering how to write a blog. You have all of the basic tools you'll need to get started and be well on your way to having a successful blog or at the very least, a blog you can enjoy writing.