How To Write Love Poems
Learning how to write love poems is a great way to express love for that special person, and anyone who wants to write a love poem should do it. Since, writing a love poem does not require you to be a poet or follow poetry rules. Thus, if you have a yearning to write a love poem, but you are unsure about your ability to do so. Relax because anyone can write a love poem as long as it comes from the heart.
- Examine your relationship with the individual. Think about how you feel about that person and all the good times you share. This is the first step in starting a love poem.
- Find a comfortable location. Select a location that you normally frequent with that special person, and grab your pencil or pen and paper.
- Write down the way your feel. Do not worry about the way the writing sounds, clichés, spelling and grammar, you can take care of those things later. Write until you feel you have expressed all your thoughts, desire and passion about that special person.
- Put your writing aside and take a break. You can use this time to grab a cold drink or a cup of coffee. You need a break to relax so you can return to your poem refreshed.
- Read what you have written. Think about whether what you have written adequately expressed your feelings about this person. Do not worry if your words do not have any rhyme or rhythm. Most poems come with rhyme and rhythm but do not worry at this point because your manifestation of love will compensate for the lack of rhyme, and rhythm. Look at what you have written and start looking for the order and formation of your words plus grammar and spelling.
- Look at your poem and try to find rhyme to the words you used. This is not compulsory, but having rhymes in a poem tend to make the poem flow more smoothly. Play with your syllables until you find the feeling you wanted to conjure.
- Use a thesaurus to find words that are more forceful. Go ahead replace those words that do not provide strong impact to your love poem. You may have to redo some of your sentences and change the word order. Follow your instinct and shift the words around, this is the good way to add impact to your poem.
Remember when you write a love poem, there is no right way or wrong way. Writing a love poem is an artistic expression shared between lovers. As long as you express your true emotions, and write how you felt your love poem will be appreciated.