How to Write an Online Dating Profile
Online Dating has gotten pretty popular and more and more women are turning to it as a means of meeting that perfect guy, so lots of you are looking for tips on how to write an online dating profile. Believe it or not, this is an advantage for you, because it's hard for women to meet men. No more buying drinks for girls who may or may not get interested in you, no more yelling over loud music or trying to peer through dim lighting in an attempt to get a good look at a women who interests you. But, how do you write that awesome Online Profile that will have your mailbox full of girls waiting to meet you?
Good question and it's really easier than you think. Your first step is to get on one of those dating sites and do a search for the male profiles ( hint: make sure to search as a 'women seeking men'). As you do this, you will start to see a trend. A boring one. Hi, I'm so and so. I like dogs, walks on the beach, candle light dinners.... yada yada yada... These guys are writing profiles they 'think' women want to hear, and it comes off as unimaginative and boring. If you remember one thing from this article, remember this. Women hate boring.
There are two important parts to the online profile, your "paragraph" and your "pics."
Online Dating Profile Paragraph
- Tell a story. Women love stories, so tell yours and do it in a confident, energetic voice. You are excited about life, who you are and what you do and that needs to come through in your text. Can you sense the confidence and energy when reading this article? Replicate it in your profile.
- Keep a conversational tone. Tell your story as if you were sitting across from your ideal woman. It's important that the woman reading your profile feels she is the only one being spoken too.
- Use humor. You don't have to be Jerry Seinfeld, but use your own type of humor, let it come through in your text so readers know you don't take yourself too seriously. It doesn't matter what age a woman is, she wants a man to make her laugh.
- Talk about what you like. What you are passionate about. Not what you think women want a guy to be. Talk about the accomplishments you are most proud of. This will foster confidence in your tone of voice. Muy Importante!
- Always Update. You change as a person, even when you don't realize it, your online profile should reflect this, so go through and read it every few weeks, tweak it, change it. This has the added benefit of keeping you high in the search list when women search profiles.
Online Dating Profile Pics
- You will want to have a variety of pics on your online profile. Have some having fun with friends, maybe one playing your favorite sport, one in a good suite, and one with a female friend, the hotter the better (women are influenced by the opinions of other beautiful women). Try to keep most of them candid shots. Avoid pictures with your shirt off, women just laugh.
- When you find a picture you would like to post on your online profile, post it to a website that rates pictures first (i.e. hotornot.com). This will give you a really good idea of how people will react to it in an online profile.
- 8 to 12 pictures is a good quantity.
Using these steps to create your online profile, it will becomes a picture of you in words. When you hear back from a woman that you contact or if they contact you, the pressure is off. You don't have to go into your first meeting with a feeling that you have to impress this woman. She is already interested in you, so be yourself.
Dave M. has a great CD titled Insider Internet Dating (insiderinternetdating.com), created from more than 1,000 interviews with women and 3 years of experience creating Online Profiles, email, getting phone numbers and actual dating.