Howa rifles are various military and civilian rifles manufactured by the Howa Machinery Company Ltd in Japan. During World War II, the Howa Arisaka rifle series gained fame for being the frontline rifle for the Japanese army. The Japanese Defense Agency also adopted various Howa-made rifles as their official armaments since 1964.
- The early Arisaka Type 99 Rifle was considered to have the best receiver action among bolt action rifles. It was manufactured from 1939 up to 1945. It was used almost exclusively by the Japanese army and so it bore the Emperor’s chrysanthemum mark. After Japan’s surrender, Allied forces removed the chrysanthemum mark on captured Arisaka rifles. As such, Arisaka rifles that still have the emperor’s mark are highly prized by collectors.
- The Type 64 Assault Rifle was a Japan-exclusive rifle designed around the NATO 7.62×51 cartridge. The Howa Industries developed a slower bullet than the NATO cartridge, as well as the prototype rifle for this new bullet. This resulted in a more controllable automatic rifle for the Japanese soldiers and has made the Type 64 the only true assault rifle that is fully controllable during automatic fire.
- The Type 89 Assault Rifle was developed in 1989 for the Japanese Defense Agency. Being a small-caliber utilizing the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge, it allowed for less recoil, less wear of internal parts and smoother control during fire. Its unique feature is having both a 3-round burst mode as well as single-shot mode that remains operable even after failure of the 3-round burst mode.
- The Howa 84mm Recoilless Rifle is a licensed Japanese version of the original Carl Gustav recoilless rifle. It is well-known around the world for its firepower, range, and accuracy as first attested by the Swedish Army back in 1948. It is a very versatile weapon capable of firing virtually all types of ammunition aside from its default anti-armor ammunition.
- The Howa M1500 is a series of popular sports rifles with around 14 variants. It is fully customizable and uses a variety of ammunitions from the .223 Remington, .300 Winchester Magnum, up to the 6.5x55mm Swedish Mauser. It also well-known for its versatility and dependability in various conditions.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.