Hulu On PS3
Learn how to access Hulu on a PS3. The website Hulu offers thousands of streaming television shows and movies over the internet through several devices, including the Sony PlayStation 3 gaming console (PS3). Having easy access to Hulu directly through your PS3 allows you to enjoy your favorite shows and movies on your own time.
To watch Hulu on your PS3, you will need:
- PlayStation 3 connected to the internet
- Hulu Plus account
- Connect your PS3 to the internet. The PS3 can access the internet through either a wired connection with the ethernet cord that comes with the PS3 or a wireless network if you have a wireless router in your home.
- Download the free Hulu Plus application onto your PS3 from the PlayStation store. You need to have sufficient space on your PS3 hard drive to download the application.
- Sign into your Hulu Plus account by entering your email address and password. If you do not yet have a Hulu Plus account, you can sign up for one at the Hulu website. This subscription will cost you $9.99 a month.
- Link your PS3 to your Hulu Plus account. You must enter the referral code given to you when you sign into or create your Hulu Plus account.
- Add television shows and movies to your queue and watch at your leisure. The interface for Hulu on the PS3 is similar to the interface on the website. When you add shows and movies to your queue on through the website, they will appear in your queue on the PS3 Hulu Plus application and vice versa.
In addition to you PS3, you can access your Hulu Plus account on any internet-connected Sony Blu-ray device. To connect your PS3 to the internet, you must have either a cable or DSL connection; the PS3 does not support dial-up connections. A wired internet connection is more reliable than wireless, which ensure better streaming quality. Unlike other steaming video applications on the PS3, you do not need to pay for PlayStation Plus account to access Hulu Plus.