Saying "I Miss You" can be hard, so why not try it with I miss you songs? These songs are about love and loneliness, something that almost everyone has experienced. While the songs vary in tone and genre, they all share the theme of longing.
- "I Miss You" by Incubus. A bit overly saccharine and over-earnest, but it works well. The lyrics seem genuine, and that is quite rare. Incubus may have faded away, but the song stays in rotation.
- "I Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. This is the song that introduced the band to most of the world. It is a great song about longing, needs and mistakes. Nothing says "I miss you" like a drunken phone call.
- "I Miss You" by Blink 182. Blink 182 could pull out the emotional resonance when it needed to, and this was one of the few times that they tried. This is a great song from the pop-punk trio, far better than most of their later output. It makes you miss the band.
- "Stay" by Lisa Loeb. Lisa Loeb is known for this song and little else. She captured the nation's imagination, and now she's gone. Don't you miss her a little bit now?
- "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith. Yes, it was the theme for "Armaggedon." Yes, the movie was an awful schlockfest. But, the song did revitalize Aerosmith's career.
- "I'll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy. Puff Daddy's other giant hit of the mid to late 90s was an ode to a fallen friend. It was good enough to get him to the top of the charts and good enough for this list. It is a rare rap song that carries this kind of emotion.
- "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down. It is hard to believe that this is by the same band that gave us "Kryptonite." One of the few songs that actually has a rock edge to it, it definitely tugs on the hearstrings. It is great for listening to when you miss a friend or loved one.
- "All Out of Love" by Air Supply. The classic cheesefest definitely deserves a spot, if only for novelty value. Does anyone really like Air Supply? Maybe not, but everyone knows the words to this song.
- "How Do I Live Without You" by LeeAnn Rimes. Rimes was a teenager when this song came out, but her voice carried it. Some find Tanya Tucker's version superior, but it comes down to a matter of taste. Nothing says "I miss you" like this song.
- "A Long December" by Counting Crows. December seems longer than any other month, and that's the feeling the Counting Crows capture here. It's not only a song about missing someone, it's a song about loneliness in general. A geat song in its own right, it was the Crows biggest hit.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...