Ice Climbing Gear: 5 Best
If you're serious about ice climbing gear, here are the 5 best. Ice mountain climbing is an exciting, challenging and dangerous sport, which makes the need for quality ice climbing gear a vital part of your preparation. There are many facets to ice climbing gear and many items that are essential to a successful climb. This article examines five of the best ice climbing pieces of gear. We will look at the best recommendation for crampons, ice axes and other gear crucial for a successful adventure.
The five best pieces of gear for ice climbing are:
- Grivel G-12 New-Matic Crampons with Antibott Device offers a stable grip for added confidence when scaling an ice wall. Durable anodized composite materials make for a durable crampon with easy attachment for quick release. This sensational product offers all the top line amenities with solid construction.
- Black Diamond Venom provides a dual use ice axe and ice saw to get you out of those tight spots. Lightweight with aluminum shaft and chrolly steel blade makes this axe and easy swinger, yet extremely durable. This is a highly recommend versatile tool ready for most anything a mountain can throw at you.
- Edelweiss Laser Bipattern 9.6mm 70M Dry Rope boasts water repellant and freeze resistant rope that can stand up to sub-zero temperatures without loosing any of its durability and maintaining its beak point. This rope is perfect for ice climbing providing durability, resistance in a strong core rope made for alpine adventure.
- Petzl Meteor III Multi Sport Helmet is a lightweight and fully adjustable climbing helmet with plenty of protection and ventilation. This helmet offers a comfortable fit and breathability with excellent coverage and protection. This is a solid choice for the serious climber looking for the best in class in a durable and lightweight helmet.
- Black Diamond Alpine Bod Seat Harness offers the top of the line harness for ice mountain and alpine climbing. This excellent fitting harness is lightweight with added padding for comfort. This harness is durable and double stitched construction makes this a seasoned support for long adventures and safe for ascent and descent.