Ice Fishing Accessories
These ice fishing accessories are important to take with you during a trip. Depending on how much you require as a fisherman, will depend on the type of accessories you'll need. These ice fishing accessories can range from sleds to an ice fishing shelter.
- The basics. Keeping a fishing rod, reel, line, bait, and bucket are the most basic things you'll need. These items can be used for the most basic trips to go ice fishing. Another important thing to bring is the fishing license!
- If you are fishing alone. There are many safety precautions to take if you are ice fishing alone. Ice picks can be a life saver, but its important to bring an ice auger or a vehicle for the ice if its thick enough. Its also important to keep a collapsible bait bucket around as well.
- Going beyond basic amenities. Ice fishing shelters are usually preferred by most ice fishers. Having a small flashlight and propane heater is important to keep as well. Some more modern accessories are a GPS and a cell phone.
- Luxury accessories. Underwater cameras help with seeing the fish coming. There are also strike sensors for tip-ups. Another great accessory to take ice fishing is a two-way radio. It's especially nice to have the radios if you are with multiple people in multiple locations.
- For daytime ice fishing. Sunglasses are an over-looked accessory that will help you with not getting sun blindness. Food and drinks are always important for taking on any trip. However, if you are ice fishing, try to bring warm food and drinks in order to maintain body warmth.