The Importance Of Eye Contact
Keeping the importance of eye contact in mind is key if you're interested in meeting and dating new women. In the next few paragraphs you will understand why eye contact can be a tool you use to accomplish your goal of starting new relationships. With the proliferation of dating web sites it has become very difficult to walk over to strangers in bars and begin conversations. Because of this, it is even more important to take advantage of these opportunities when they arise. Eye contact and clever conversation can help you as much as anything else.
Though some people might not see the need to make eye contact when speaking, there are several reasons why it could be the most important aspect of starting a potentially new relationship.
- Eye Contact is a sure sign of a good listener. There is no better way to prove to a woman that whatever she is saying to you is important and worth paying attention to than by keeping eye contact. This can include an occasional nod and even interjecting a few words to let her know that she is in fact saying something interesting.
- Eye contact indicates that there is possible a level of attraction. One thing that you want to communicate to this woman that you have just met and are trying to get to know is that you are attracted to her. Paying attention to what she is saying and staying engaged is the easiest way to do this non-verbally.
- Keeping eye contact is a sign of maturity. Though this will only be an initial assumption, by not constantly looking away or having shifty eyes, you will give the perception that you are confident and to a degree, trustworthy. These are all qualities women look for in the men that they want to date.
- Keeping eye contact tells her that she isn’t boring you. By looking her in the eyes, you assure her that you aren’t just waiting for her to finish talking, so that you can speak.
- Eye contact raises the level of intimacy. Whether you are in a crowded dance club or in a quiet bar, looking into her eyes makes the situation immediately more intimate than if you are scanning the crowd and paying little attention to her.
So don’t be afraid to look into her eyes.