Increasing Workplace Productivity
Increasing workplace productivity is like getting a tune-up for your car. Once you get the gunk out of the motor you’ll be able to drive full force ahead with speed and efficiency in your work environment. All you need to do is learn how to channel your attention and focus at the task at hand.
- Get organized. Astronomically increase your workplace productivity by getting organized. Make sure everything on your desk and in your office has its own special place. Not only will you be able to save time by quickly finding the organized item in your office, but you’ll always no where it’s at! The key to staying organized is to always put something back once you’ve used it.
- Prioritize your tasks. One of the most important ways to increase workplace productivity is to prioritize your tasks. Rank your work according to what you need to get done first and second, and so forth. Sometimes, giving your self a little reward when you stick to your schedule will help you increase your productivity and stick to the task at hand.
- Social media. Let’s face it—the world is getting busier and busier and people want and/or need to tell us of the newest and greatest thing. The world will always be full of the newest and greatest things so schedule a time for checking your social media updates if you need to as part of your job. If not, turn the channels off until you complete your scheduled work so you can drastically increase your workplace productivity.
- Personal problems. A fight with your wife, girlfriend, mother, or any other will affect how you work. Try to resolve your personal problems before they drag you down and decrease your workplace productivity.
- Communication. Chatty Cathy’s at work need to be gentle led back to their own cubicles. Put boundaries around how much and how long you socialize at work in order to increase your workplace productivity. That little hallway conversation may bleed into a half an hour before you know it. Remember your prioritized tasks, the clock is ticking!