Indian Passport Renewal
Looking for information on Indian passport renewal? If you already have an Indian passport, you will need to renew it every ten years. You are eligible to for an Indian passport renewal as early as twelve months before the expiration date that is listed on your current passport. You can choose to mail in your Indian passport renewal application or you can go to your local consulate general to turn in the application in person.
To complete the Indian passport renewal process, you will need:
- Your current Indian passport
- Three two inch by two inch full frontal photographs of yourself
- $40 for a normal booklet or $50 for a jumbo booklet
- A copy of your proof of residence
- A copy of the first five and last two pages of your passport
- A copy of your visa, green card or employment authorization card
- A completed Nationality Status Verification form
- Visit the Indian Passport Website. To complete your Indian passport renewal, you will need to visit the official Indian passport website. You can also access the form by going to the Consulate General of India, New York, USA website.
- Click on "Online Registration." Once you have accessed the Indian passport website, you will see various links on the right hand side of the website. Click on "Online Registration" to complete the renewal form online and print out it. You can also download a PDF copy of the application by clicking on the "Application Forms" link.
- Fill the Form Out. When you click on "Online Registration," you will be redirected to a form where you can enter your Indian mission, service desired, name and much more. Once you have filled the form out, click on "Save & Print." If you do not have an Indian consulate general in your area, you can mail your application in to one of the many offices in the United States.
India has consulate general offices in Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago, Houston and New York.