By keeping a few basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about indie rock love songs. No matter if you are breaking up or falling in love, one of the songs listed below is guaranteed to fit your mood perfectly. Even if you didn't like indie rock love songs before, you will after you listen to the ones on this list. Check them out as soon as possible!
- "Maps," The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. This is undoubtedly on the best love-songs ever written. Not only does it have a great beat, but is also contains an emotional plea of yearning, wanting, and trusting.
- "That's Us," Arthur Russel. While most indie rock songs are slow paced, this one can actually be danced to. However, be aware that those who dance to indie rock songs typically do not follow any recognized type of dance form.
- "Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie," Joanna Newsom. Like some of the songs listed above, this one is full of longing for a love that seems impossible. It's haunting melody is guaranteed to stay in your mind long after the song has ended.
- "Heartbeats," The Knife. Unlike most other indie rock songs are played with an acoustic guitar, this one features steel drums and an electric heartbeat. It is the most non-indie indie song on the list.
- "June on the West Coast," Bright Eyes. Finally, this song, which is about a wonderful lover who wants to simply be with the one he dreams of. It is guaranteed to woo anyone, anywhere.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.
10 Mind-Blowing Necktie Knots
“How many knots are there?” you ask. Dozens, at least, most of which will totally amaze you.