By keeping a few basic guidelines in mind, you can learn about indie rock love songs. No matter if you are breaking up or falling in love, one of the songs listed below is guaranteed to fit your mood perfectly. Even if you didn't like indie rock love songs before, you will after you listen to the ones on this list. Check them out as soon as possible!
- "Maps," The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. This is undoubtedly on the best love-songs ever written. Not only does it have a great beat, but is also contains an emotional plea of yearning, wanting, and trusting.
- "That's Us," Arthur Russel. While most indie rock songs are slow paced, this one can actually be danced to. However, be aware that those who dance to indie rock songs typically do not follow any recognized type of dance form.
- "Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie," Joanna Newsom. Like some of the songs listed above, this one is full of longing for a love that seems impossible. It's haunting melody is guaranteed to stay in your mind long after the song has ended.
- "Heartbeats," The Knife. Unlike most other indie rock songs are played with an acoustic guitar, this one features steel drums and an electric heartbeat. It is the most non-indie indie song on the list.
- "June on the West Coast," Bright Eyes. Finally, this song, which is about a wonderful lover who wants to simply be with the one he dreams of. It is guaranteed to woo anyone, anywhere.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Lando’s Penalty Kick Ritual: A Tribute
He plays his last match for the USA tonight. This video is a testament to his impact.