If you are looking for an infused Vodka recipe, try spiced orange infused Vodka. The spiced orange infused Vodka has a fresh orange flavor with the gentle taste of vanilla and cloves. Infused spiced orange Vodka is great poured over crushed ice in a tall glass.
To make infused Vodka, you will need:
- 1 pint Vodka
- 2 Oranges
- 1/8 cup whole Cloves
- 2 Vanilla Beans
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Wide Mouth Infusion Jar with tight lid
- Wash the infusion jar. Use hot soapy water to thoroughly wash the infusion jar and lid, rinse in very hot water, and set on a paper towel to air dry with the lid off. The easiest method of washing and sterilizing the infusion jar is to wash it and the lid in the dishwasher on a heated dry cycle.
- Prepare the ingredients. Do not peel the oranges. Instead cut off the peel by first cutting off the top and bottom of the orange. Stand the orange on one end and slice off the peel from each side of the orange. Remove as much of the white pith as possible. The pith will make the spiced orange infused Vodka bitter. Cut the peeled oranges into ½ inch slices. Remove any obvious white pith. Grate enough orange peel to make 1 tablespoon of zest and set aside. Slice the vanilla beans lengthwise and set aside.
- Fill the infusion jar. Place the sliced oranges, cloves, vanilla bean, and orange zest in the bottom of the infusion jar. Fill the jar with quality Vodka by pouring it over the fruit and spices. Tighten the lid onto the jar and place it in a cool dark place away from direct sunlight for up to ten days. After five days, do a taste test on the infused Vodka to check for flavor.
- Strain the infused Vodka. Use cheese cloth over the neck of the bottle to strain the infused Vodka as you pour it from the infusion jar. You can also use a funnel lined with a paper towel or coffee filter as a strainer. Chill the spiced orange infused Vodka in the freezer overnight and serve over crushed ice. Garnish with vodka soaked orange slices.
Tips/Warnings: Vodka soaked orange slices can be used for garnish but should be refrigerated immediately after straining the infused Vodka off. The orange sliced will only be fresh enough to use for about three days. Save the original Vodka bottle to reuse for storing the infused Vodka. Extending the infusion process longer than ten days can result bitterness. If the infused Vodka tastes bitter add another tablespoon of fresh orange zest to fix the problem.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
Dove Men Shave Cream